If you read my last post, then you know there is nothing more magical (and fun) than do-it-yourself skin care. Fresh Home Magazine also has some fresh and awesome DIY facial recipes.
Oil of Olé
This guac-inspired moisturizer is suitable for even sensitive skin.
2 tablespoons of fresh avocado, mashed
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon plain full-fat yogurt
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. While you’re waiting for the mixture to chill, clean your face with a soap-free cleansing wash. Make two mugs of green tea and put an ice cube or two in one of them.
3. Smear a thin layer of the chilled mask on your face, avoiding your eyes. Sit back, relax for 10 or 15 minutes, and sip the warm tea.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water. Slowly splash your face with the cooled tea, and then rinse with water again. Powerful antioxidants in tea help skin stay healthy.
Note: Don’t use black tea; it will stain your skin.
The fruit acids in this mask gently exfoliate, stripping away dry, dead skin cells to reveal a fresher complexion.
1 ripe peach, peeled and pitted
1 teaspoon brandy
Sprinkle of cornstarch
1. Mash together the peach and brandy in a bowl. Add just enough cornstarch to make a paste.
2. Smooth over your face, steering clear of lips and eyes. Sit back and relax. Feel free to sip on any extra brandy.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water after 20 minutes. (Don’t leave the mask on any longer; it will irritate skin).
The bran and sugar in this scrub scour away dry skin, immediately improving your face’s appearance.
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 teaspoon brewer’s yeast
1 teaspoon finely ground bran
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
2. Immediately massage the scrub into your skin with your fingertips before the sugar has a chance to dissolve.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water.