Disclosure: Contains Press sample
If your memory serves you correctly, you know back in June 2014, I announced that Organic Bath Co would release new skin and bath products. One of those new products was Enhance Face Oil. Enhance face oil contains a blend of 9 oils that all work together harmoniously to bring out the best in your skin. Keep reading for more information, a breakdown of the oils, and my thoughts.
Enhance is packaged in a 1.0oz Miron glass bottle. If you are not familiar with Miron glass, it’s quite simple. When Indie brands create oils, they don’t include preservatives like parabens which essentially preserves the oil but in turn puts you at risk of cancer. Miron glass does everything a preservative would normally do, without the chemicals. Miron glass blocks visible light that would normally decay an oil.
Enhance Face Oil contains a unique blend of oils. Oils that I would never guess worked well for the face:
- Passionfruit Seed Oil is rich in Vitamin A and potassium. It is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and reduces sebum secretions.
- Organic Red Raspberry Seed Oil is rich in Vitamin A and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It is effective in treating eczema and psoriasis due to it’s anti-inflammatory properties. There are also claims that Red Raspberry Seed oil is as effective as titanium dioxide, providing UVA and UVB protection ranging from SPF 28-50. (source)
- Cranberry Seed Oil is high in vitamin E and aids well in skin absorption. Cranberry Seed Oil is also a powerful anti-oxidant that, when combined with other oils, extends it’s shelf life. (source)
- Acai Berry Oil is rich in omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids. It is by far the most powerful anti-oxidant on the market.
- Blackberry Seed Oil is rich in vitamin C and it is another powerful anti-oxidant.
- Watermelon Seed Oil is rich in omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids which makes it a lightweight, but powerful moisturizer that does not clog pores. Fun fact- I had no idea watermelon seed oil was a thing!
- Organic Sachi Inchi Oil is an exotic seed that comes from Peru. Sachi Inchi oil is also rich in omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids, but that’s not the best part. This oil can be used to relieve itchy, scaly, dry skin. That means your eczema and/or psoriasis issues could disappear on your face! (source)
- Organic Pomegranate Seed is high in flavonoids and punicic acid. Pomegranate Seed Oil is deeply nourishing to the outer layer of skin.
- Rosehip Oil is my favorite. Three words: Eliminates dark spots. That’s all you need to know. Read more here.
I always strive to be transparent about my skin care reviews, making sure that you know how long I’ve used a product. Enhance has been my primary moisturizer from June 2, 2014-present.
Once upon a time, skincare meant NOTHING to me. I washed my face with bar soap, I used to tone my face with rubbing alcohol. Moisturizer? What’s that? Over time, my love for skincare evolved. I became more conscience of what I was using on my skin, and the consequences that followed. I paid closer attention to the ingredients and how they benefit my skin. I became more cautious about using products that contained ingredients that I could not pronounce, and did nothing for my skin. Alcohol, parabens and petroleum based products have become the enemy. Natural oils are my BFF’s.
I say all of that to say, Organic Bath Co Enhance Oil is one of the best moisturizers I have encountered in the past two years, and that is a very short list. Every single morning I apply about 3 drops of oil to my face and let it absorb (exfoliation is key to better absorption). A few minutes after I apply Enhance, my skin feels… soft, supple, happy. 12 hours later, my face feels the same way it did minutes after I applied the oil. With exception to one other product, there are few moisturizers that can pull this off. My skin tone is even, my breakouts are eliminated (in conjunction with Neutrogena), my skin has no dry spots. I went from exfoliating 3 days a week to one. I don’t have to wear heavy foundation to cover discoloration and blemishes anymore. I’m gushing, but I’m serious.
I received a sample back at the end of May when Enhance was still in development, so I do not have it with the Jasmine scent. Mine was unscented, so it’s very green. If you know me, you know I love anything that tastes or smells green. This is not a need to know thing, because as I said it is scented now.
Enhance will be one of three (Organic Bath Co Drenched is the third) moisturizers that I will rotate in my skin care routine.
Organic Bath Co Enhance Face Oil retails for $85.
Yes, $85. But while you debate whether or not it’s worth it, remember what I told you about the importance of skin care. Enhance Face Oil is the cost of two high end foundations, or a skin care regimen that is doing nothing for you. Enhance is quadruple+ duty, protecting you from the sun, anti-aging, healing eczema, anti-inflammatory, reducing sebum, balancing your skin, and evening out your skintone.
You know I would never recommend a product that will do nothing for you.
Purchase Enhance straight from their website. Tell G Aprill sent you. You will thank me for this recommendation, and you will thank G for producing such an extraordinary product. This is not pricey, this is not expensive, this is what your skin needs.