Do you want to know how to determine your skin type? Look no further.
People ask me for skin care recommendations all the time. I always follow with the same two questions- What’s your skin type and what’s your budget? Seems like simple enough questions. While most people know their budget like the back of their hand, everyone does not know their skin type.
This is a no shame zone, I’m here to help you.
Here’s how you can determine your skin type
- Skin cleanser (I recommend Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar)
- Blotting tissues
- Wash your face with a skin cleanser
- Rinse thoroughly
- Gently pat dry with a towel
- Wait one approximately one hour
- Dab your face with the blotting paper
Pay attention to that blotting paper
- Normal- It shows no oil or flaky skin. Your skin is probably supple and smooth (note: this is the rarest skin type).
- Oily– Your tissue or oil blotting paper will be greasy. You may also notice large pores and shiny skin.
- Dry- Your skin may feel tight or show dead skin flakes.
- Combination: You can see a little normal, a little dry and a little oily. Normally, the skin is oily in the t-zone area and dry everywhere else.
So there you have it! The ultimate (and super easy) guide to determine your skin type! Enjoy and share.