Hello, guys! My name is Aprill and this is my little personal slice of the internet, Hey Aprill.
By definition, I am a beauty blogger. My love for beauty started in 2008 when I worked at a beauty counter at Dillard’s. I wanted to know more about some of the brands at the counters around me, so I landed on Make Up Talk and spent so much time there, helping other forum members that I went from a forum moderator to Jr. Administrator in the span of a year. The sense of community was phenomenal and I immediately knew that maintaining a community of beauty lovers is that I wanted to do long term. With the help of Mut’s site owner, I launched Glitter.Gloss.Garbage in May 2010.
I originally started off wanting to do swatches, almost like Temptalia but for black women. I realized I could not afford the equipment, set up or whole makeup collections to swatch and review (I did dream big though) so I wanted to find another route to keep the momentum going, without losing my readers. After talks with friends and family, I went back to my roots, recommending products that I have either personally tried, or did my research on. Without a doubt, I am a micro-influencer in skin care.
My ultimate goal is to help women redefine beauty by making themselves the standard of beauty. You are beautiful, there’s no doubt about it, but I want you to be able to proudly exclaim your beauty, and enhance your beauty by finding products and tips that are right for you.
Because I am a skin care micro-influencer, the central focus on my blog is your skin. You’ll see other things like swatches of new products occasionally, lifestyle and wellness topics to help you pick the right wedding gift for a friend, or pick the right vitamin for your needs. Sometimes, I’ll take you around Mississippi for Food Truck Friday, or share a restaurant that’s new to me, or we might go on an adventure and pick fruit. You just never know.
5 fast beauty facts about me
1. I have dyshidrosis from having contact with water so much
2. I also suffer from hidradenitis suppurativa and it has left my armpit and under my breast area severely disfigured. My flare ups have reduced tremendously, but I don’t know why.
3. Foundation shades:
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 in Bisque (my perfect match)
- Bobbi Brown Honey
- Estee Lauder Double Wear in Rich Ginger
- Maybelline Fit Me in Warm Honey
4. My favorite mascara of all time is Maybelline Volum’ Express The Rocket Mascara
5. When I think I have found my all time favorite fragrance, I find a new one, but here’s a short list of my faves:
- Clean Skin
- Fresh Sake
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
- Lancome Tresor
- Chanel No 5