Anastasia Beverly Hills decided to jump on the eyeshadow palette bandwagon and create a line of palettes. One of the many palettes, Maya Mia, was co-created by @maya_mia_y, a popular social media figure. I teamed up with Planet Beauty, California’s best love beauty boutique to review this palette and give one away to one of my loyal readers!
Maya Mia comes complete with 10 shades, a dual ended brush, and 5 tutorial cards to show consumers how to get the look at home.
- Nude is a cool toned beige with a matte finish.
- Deep Brown is a deepened brown, almost black with a matte finish,
- Sienna is a rich red toned brown with a matte finish,
- Warm Taupe is a not so warm, It’s a cool toned taupe with a matte finish.
- Vanilla is a vanilla toned white with a pearl finish,
- Aqua is a green toned blue with a shimmer finish
- Fresh Peach is a peach toned orange with a pearl finish.
- Glisten is a peach toned gold with a shimmer finish.
- Caramel is camel brown with a matte finish.
- Gold Bar is a yellow toned gold with a pearl finish.
The brush picks up color very well, but it’s a tad rough and leaves a lot of fallout in the pan, but luckily none on the skin/under the eye. It’s your standard palette dual ended brush. The wider end works well for applying under the brow and on the lid. The smaller end works well for creasing and inner/outer V.
I did my best to recreate one of the looks from the cards included with the palette. Of course I went for the look that included fresh peach and teal.
Shadows used: Warm taupe, caramel, sienna, fresh peach, aqua, glisten
Now you are probably wondering how you can score this palette. Two ways: