Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, all thoughts are my own
Meet my best friend Hattie. I met Hattie during the 8th grade and we’ve been best friends since. We have two totally different personalities, and that makes for totally different tastes in makeup. I’m the makeup junkie of the duo- I will wear a red lip any time of day, I feel like a makeup look is not complete without foundation and mascara is more important than oxygen. Hattie on the other hand is more conservative and by conservative I means she’s not into makeup- she’s never worn a red lip, hates foundation but loves natural hair products and skin care.
We got the opportunity to visit CVS and had a little mini shopping spree while reaping the benefits of the CVS ExtraCare Beauty Club. I arrived wanting to discover new products. I was not in need of anything, just a normal browsing session for me. Hattie was interested in a good product for her dark circles and over the course of an hour (we really spent an hour talking beauty), I would convince her to purchase a red lipstick!
What I bought:
- If you follow me on Instagram, then you know Maybelline previewed a new mascara, The Falsies Push Up Drama. I’ll admit I was attracted to it for the packaging, and because it’s Maybelline, I know the formula will be great!
- I also wanted a mauve colored lipstick, Maybelline Color Blur I Like To Mauve It looks like it has the potential to be gorgeous!
- I also love the Essence Of Beauty body sprays, so I grabbed a new scent that is perfect to use after a long, hot bath- Sensual Night.
- Neutrogena Pore Refining Face Wash is a skincare holy grail of mine. I got two bottles since they were BOGO 50% off (pretty sure that sale is over).
What she bought:
- Hattie was looking for a product to conceal dark circles. I love orange based concealers, so I recommended NYX Dark Circle Concealer.
- I also convinced her to purchase a foundation because you cant just put on an orange concealer and walk out the door. She told me she would be comfortable with a foundation that applies like a powder, so she picked up Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous.
- I ALSO convinced her to try a red lip and we went bold for her first time around the block with Maybelline Color Blur Cherry Cherry Bang Bang. Naturally, the color was beautiful, but she hated it.
We also bought candy, but that’s not important, nor very healthy.
After leaving CVS we hopped over to a few other stores and ended up back at my house, to show her how to apply concealer and foundation for instant results. I think she left impressed. That red lipstick on the other hand? She hated it, and gave it to a co-worker. But hey at least she tried it right!?
When is the last time you and your BFF spent a beauty day at the drugstore? You really should! And check out some of the benefits of the CVS ExtraCare Beauty Club:
- $5 ExtraBucks Rewards for every $50 cumulatively spent of qualifying beauty products
- 10% off beauty shopping pass at enrollment
- $3 ExtraBucks Rewards on your birthday