Beauty tips range from the obvious to the very well-kept ones. Every girl should know by heart a thing or two so we’re giving you the lowdown in these 15 beauty basics.
1. When buying perfume, apply the tester spray on your wrist or inner arm instead of inhaling the scent through the bottle. Our bodies differ in chemical makeup so the smell might vary when applied to the skin. Wait for at least 30 minutes to see how the fragrance would turn out.
2. Skip foundation as much as possible during summer. Light and sheer makeup is the way to go so the blazing heat won’t melt the makeup on your face. Stick to sun block, powder with SPF and a lip gloss.
3. Maintain your hair color and shine longer by having treatment at least twice a month. Shampoo and conditioner for color-treated hair are not enough. Stop being lazy and go to the salon.
4. Do not comb your hair when you just got curls. Instead, finger comb your hair. When your hair gets tangled a lot, use a detangling spray meant for curly hair.
5. Change your mascara every three months. The formula becomes dry and that’s inevitable once you open the tube. The dryness causes clumps when applied to your lashes.
6. Picking a red lipstick that will suit you is tricky. The secret is to pick warmer reds if your undertone is on the warmer side. Cooler reds work best with cool undertones. In the end, you’ll find a bunch of red lipsticks in your vanity kit.
7. Exfoliate 2-3 times a week to remove dead skin. Don’t overdo it so as not to dry your skin. Make sure to use an exfoliating scrub with minerals and nutrients to replenish your skin’s natural moisture.
8. Bronzers work best with medium to dark skin tones. If you want a natural glow without using a blush, use a powder or illuminating cream instead. Sorry, but ladies with pale skin might look disastrous in a bronzing powder.
9. Make it a habit to clean your makeup brushes. No matter how annoying and time-consuming you think this can be, just imagine thousands of bacteria penetrating in every strand. You actually use a dirty brush directly on your skin. That alone can cause acne breakouts.
10. Don’t ever touch your pimple using your bare hands. Apply tea tree oil instead to dry up the pimple faster.
11. For a curl that lasts, skip on conditioner for at least 24 hours so it’s easy to style your hair using a curling iron. Great curls start with “messy” hair.
12. Apply clear nail polish every two days to make your colored polish last longer, especially when you have an expensive nail art done.
13. Use a liquid liner instead of an eye pencil to avoid unwanted smudges. You just have to practice your dexterity.
14. People with oily skin tend to skip moisturizer due to the greasy after effect. Because of today’s improvements in makeup and skincare, women with oily skin can now enjoy the benefits of a mattifying moisturizer without the shine.
15. When conditioning your hair, make sure you rinse with cold water. Washing your hair with warm water causes frizz and makes your hair dry afterwards.