It’s not everyday that a cell phone company actually gives back, but this one does.
Back in May 2013, Giv mobile was born as a no contract cell phone service that donates 8% of it’s monthly ‘Unlimited Everything’ plans to a non profit charity of the customer’s choice. There are many to choose from. For example:
- Animal Welfare: American Veterinary Medical Foundation, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, PetSmart Charities, WCS Wildlife Conservation Society
- Arts, Culture & Humanity: The Academy of Natural Sciences, Archaeological Conservancy, Fractured Atlas, Little Kids Rock, StoryCorps
- Education: Children’s Scholarship Fund, Donors Choose, Kids in Need Foundation, Scholarship America
- Environment: American Rivers, The Conservation Fund, The Nature Conservancy, The Wilderness Society
- Health: Alzheimer’s Association, American Cancer Society, Commonweal, Patient Services Incorporated
- International: Camfed USA, Doctors Without Borders, Direct Relief International, United States Fund for UNICEF
- Human Services: American Red Cross, The Children’s Aid Society, Dress for Success, Feeding America, Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Public Benefit: American Endowment Foundation, Carnegie Institution for Science, Mercy Housing, Taproot Foundation, United Way Worldwide
The second annual GivingTuesday, a movement that takes place after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, will take place on December 3, 2013. The day is designated to remind Americans that the holiday season should be about community and charity. Last year, GivingTuesday raised over $10 million in online donations and had over 50 million people worldwide participate in this national day of giving.
GIV Mobile,the first consumer conscious wireless service , is proud to participate on this day and every other day of the year by donating 8% of a customer’s monthly bill to up to three nonprofit charities of his or her choice Some of these charities include Scholarship America, Kids In Need Foundation, The Conservation Fund, Alzheimer’s Association and many more.
All you need is an unlocked GSM phone and $50 and you can have unlimited phone service, plus give back to charity. How about I give you a phone and one month service?
I’ve teamed up with Giv Mobile to give one lucky winner a Google Nexus 4, and one month of Unlimited Phone Service! This giveaway will be US only, starts right now, ends 12/10/2013. Ready? Enter!