Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Best Buy. All thoughts are my own
If you grew up in the 80’s or ’90s, there’s a good chance that your stash was full of cassette tapes. If you were really lucky, you probably had a boombox to boot. And if you were super lucky, you probably have a whole bunch of memories to match. I remember my first shipment of cassette tapes and I definitely remember my first boombox.
Picture it. It’s in 1993. I’m like 10 years old and the mailman just delivered the mail. Of course, it was mandatory to give mom and dad all their mail, but we had an agreement that I could keep all advertisements that came in the mail. Being that I was an avid paper shuffler, this was right up my alley. I stumble across an ad I’ve never seen before from BMG Records. For the cost of 1 cassette tape, I could get 8. For a broke 10-year-old, this was a STEAL. I filled out the card, got it sent off and before you knew it, I had 9 cassette tapes (and a bill that I couldn’t pay). Cece Penniston, George Michael and a few others that I cant remember. Of course, because I have all these tapes, I had to beg my mom for a boombox and she obliged just in time for Christmas. It played cassette tapes, recorded, came with a microphone, had a bass boost and AM/FM radio. I was a loner, I didn’t have many friends, but I had my music. It’s ironically always been that way.
Now, we can relive our youth with the new ION Boombox Deluxe Bluetooth Speaker.
Pull out your old Mariah Carey tapes, or connect to your phone via Bluetooth to listen to the newest albums. Check out some of its features:
• 80’s-style retro stereo cassette boombox
• Dual full-range speakers pump out powerful bass and clear highs
• Stereo cassette plays all the tapes in your collection
• Streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled device
• Records onto cassette from radio, built-in microphone or external source
• Runs on AC or long-lasting (10 hr) rechargeable battery
• Records onto USB stick so you can archive your old cassettes
• Sensitive AM/FM radio
• USB playback capability
• Bass and treble controls for exact tonal customization
• VU meters help adjust your recordings to an ideal level
For $139.99, this boombox is a steal and would make a great gift for any 80’s baby. Click here to purchase