Disclosure: Contains affiliate link
During an obligatory run to Walgreens to get some baby wipes and milk, I found a unique gem in the cosmetics section. I thought about passing on it, then I saw the $5 price tag and figured ‘even if the palette sucks, I didn’t lose much’.
Iman Cosmetics Déjà vu Lip Kit contains 5 popular colors from the Luxury Moisturizing Line, all packed into one palette. Swatches of the shades are labeled from left to right:
- Iman Jaguar– If you are a frequent GGG reader, then you’ve seen me mention this lipstick before in my chocolate and coffee must haves list. Iman Jaguar is a perfect medium toned brown with gold shimmer and a semi-matte finish.
- Iman Sheer Gold is a warm toned gold with golden shimmer and a semi-matte finish
- Iman Red is a cherry red with a semi-matte finish
- Iman Pakrika is a warm toned rusty, burnt orange with a shiny finish
- Iman Wild Thing is a berry purple with a matte finish. This one was very streaky in application.
It’s rare that you run into a palette that is underpriced, and that’s exactly what this palette is. From the looks of it, you can get about 10 applications per shade in the palette. The texture of all the colors is very creamy. I did not wear test every color, but I did wear test Jaguar and it started to fade after about 5 hours.