I think it goes without saying that as a mother of five children, my days are hectic. My morning starts at 5am and ends at 11pm.
Every single moment of my day has to be effortless and strategic, even something as seemingly painless as styling hair for school. Now Savannah by far has a unique texture of hair, compared to everyone else under our roof. Her 4C hair type requires lots of love, lots of moisture, and lots of nutrition, as 4C hair is the most fragile hair type. Believe it or not, when she was very little, I was so frustrated with her hair type (this was right when natural hair became a thing and I didn’t know what I was doing), that I used to let her wear a fro and keep it hydrated as possible. But maintaining an afro is just as taxing as styling.
While in Walmart, I discovered that Just For Me has a new line, just for Savannah. Natural Hair Nutrition feeds, hydrates and softens the hair with coconut milk, shea butter, vitamin e, and sunflower oil. The new line is composed of 4 products:
- Detangling Creamy Co-wash– this conditioning cleanser removes dirt without stripping hair of natural oils
- Creamy Butter Moisturizer– my personal favorite for Savannah’s hair, it provides the perfect balance of moisture needed to hydrate thirsty hair
- Moisture-Rich Styling Smoothie– this is great for daily styling and it helps to decrease frizz
- Nourishing Leave In Conditioner– this is great to use immediately after using the cowash to quickly detangle
The Creamy Cowash is literal gold to Savannah’s kinks and coils. Now that I’ve introduced you to the products, let me share with you some essential hair care tips to keep Savannah’s hair happy and hydrated. They may be great enough to work for you too!
- Style for the week- you can avoid having to do hair every day by styling for the week. I’m ok with spending my Sunday washing and combing hair, so the only thing I have to do through the week is touch up edges here and there. I’m a big fan of twists and braids. I take her hair down every Friday and let her scalp rest Saturday.
- Hydration is key- Find products that contain vitamin e, shea butter, sunflower oil, argan oil and/or coconut oil to provide the hair with an instant blast of deep, nourishing hydration. More hydration means less damage, breakage, and less pain when styling.
- Style in sections- This is the most important tip of them all that will save your baby some heartache and give you more time doing something else. I personally like to part the hair into four sections rather than comb the hair all at once to reduce breakage. Simply part in fours, clip, and style one section at a time. You’ll find that Just For Me Nourishing Leave-In Conditioner works best to detangle while sectioning.
So that’s it! I shared with you some essential natural hair styling tips and introduced you to Just For Me’s new Natural Hair Nutrition Line, now available at Walmart.
Whether your daughter has tangles, dry hair or both, Just For Me has just what you need to give her happy, healthy-looking hair. Shea butter, soy milk and honey combine to nourish your little’s one’s tresses and help make styling easier than ever.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Just for Me. The opinions and text are all mine.