Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Foreo, all thoughts are my own
It has been a long time since I reviewed a skincare device on the blog, but here I am! Today I have for you the LUNA by FOREO Skincare Device for Sensitive/Normal skin.
What is the LUNA by FOREO?
LUNA by FOREO is an innovative skincare device that delivers deep-cleansing via T-Sonic™ technology and anti-aging through lower-frequency pulsations. It is available in 3 models tailored to cater to specific skin types: Sensitive/Normal, Combination and Ultra-Sensitive.
LUNA by FOREO Features
- T-sonic technology– You’ve probably heard me talk about sonic technology before when I reviewed Michael Todd Eye Eraser Duo. Sonic technology is more efficient than your standard face brush. Luna delivers 8,000 pulsations per minute, gently removing dead skin cells as well as unclogging pores.
- Extra Gentle Silicone– Luna features tiny, non-porous fingers that handle cleansing the face. Unlike the Clarisonic, there is no brush head to change, the fingers do not wear out, it’s easier to clean, does not hold bacteria and is the most gentle cleanser on the market.
- Anti-Aging mode– Turn Luna over and you will see seven grooves. These grooves produce lower-frequency pulsations that are directed through waves onto wrinkle-prone areas to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It’s just better– Luna is fully waterproof, cleanses 450 uses per charge and you never have to buy a replacement brush again.
How I use Luna
- I remove all my makeup
- Coat my face in a thin layer of oil cleanser
- Cleanse each area of my face for about 15 seconds
- Rinse my face
- Wait for my face to dry
- Apply serum
- Use the opposite side of Luna to massage my serum in
I’ve used the Luna for about a month now, once in the morning and again at night.
Overall thoughts/ Q&A
Luna is hygienic, easy to use and lasts a long time per charge. I am most attracted to the gentle vibrations on my face. Since using Luna, following my facial at Spa Envy, the acne in my temple area has been eliminated which is something no other brush or cleanser has done in the past year. My face is clean, moisturized and circulation has improved ten fold. I only have one complaint and it relates to the size. Luna works wonders all over my face except around the nose area and the mini is not better.
I reached out to my readers to ask them if they had any questions about Luna, and I got these two:
@GlitteryGlossy is it really worth $200?
— BH (@brithoward) July 21, 2015
Yes it is. There is no brush head to change, the silicone fingers do an excellent job at cleansing the face, even though you don’t feel it. One charge lasts 450 cleansings and with the anti-aging side, you cant get better serum delivery to the skin.
@GlitteryGlossy Why does it look like it could do … double duty?
— K. (@pixiecita) July 21, 2015
Because it does do double duty. The side with the silicone fingers cleanses the skin, and the side with the grooves melts serums into the skin.