MAC Shadescents is the newest (and genius) collection from MAC Cosmetics that pairs six iconic lipsticks with fragrances to match the general personality of the lipstick.
- MAC Heroine is a bright purple.
- MAC Ruby Woo is a cult favorite in the red category. Ruby Woo is a clean red that suits every skin tone.
- MAC Lady Danger is a bright orange toned red.
- MAC Candy Yum Yum is a cool toned, neon pink. People are always shocked to discover that I was never a fan of CYY.
- MAC Velvet Teddy is one of my HG (holy grail) shades. Velvet Teddy is a deep toned beige.
- MAC Creme d’Nude is a peachy beige. Personally speaking, this is a shade that does not suit my skin tone. Sidenote, this is the only shade in the collection that is not a matte (cremesheen)
I appreciate the color coordinated caps on the lipsticks. I wish MAC would make this a permanent thing for all lipstick shades.
MAC paired the six lipstick shades listed above with fragrances to match their personality:
MAC Heroine is described as a smoky leather. The initial spray is a heavy whiff of leather. The middle note is very smokey. The dry down ends on a happy note of a floral incense.
MAC Ruby Woo is described as a floral fragrance with hints of red leather. The first spray is very sweet and reminds me of cherries. The middle note is a light hint of leather. Ruby Woo dries down to a heavier leather fragrance.
MAC Lady Danger is described as an oriental floral with a cherry note. The first spray is similar to Ruby Woo with a prominent, sweet cherry note. The middle note is very spicy and woody. Lady Danger dries down to a powdery, orchid scent.
MAC Candy Yum Yum is described as a gourmand fragrance that contains notes of tropical fruit and cotton candy. The first spray is a delightful tropical blast of guava. The middle note is a heavy whiff of Iris. Candy Yum Yum dries down to a blend of cotton candy (very faint) and vanilla (very heavy, but has a touch of alcohol to it).
MAC Velvet Teddy is described as a combination of wild honey and creamy musk. Velvet Teddy opens to spicy ginger with the initial spray. The middle note is composed of tobacco flower and honey. It dries down to a combination of tonka bean and musk
MAC Creme d’Nude is described as a musk fragrance with notes of caramel. The initial spray is very sweet and musky. The middle note is caramel and the dry down is a combination of caramel and vanilla.
My absolute favorite fragrance is Velvet Teddy. Is it sweet and musky and sexy and I want to bathe in it every day. My least favorite is Heroine. I’ve never had a profound appreciation for leather fragrances, but if you do, you will love it.