Today is Melanoma Monday- May 6th marks the day that we raise awareness for skin cancer as it relates to the sun. Melanoma is one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer. Melanoma develops when unrepaired DNA damage to skin cells (most often caused by ultraviolet radiation from sunshine or tanning beds)
Here’s 5 fast facts about un and skin cancer”:
- The sun is actually brighter now than it was four centuries ago-which means we are exposed to more dangerous UV rays now than in earlier decades
- One-in-50 Americans has a lifetime risk of developing melanoma
- The projected numbers (according to the American Cancer Society) for 2013 are even higher with 76,690 diagnosis and 9,480 deaths.
- Every eight minutes, someone in the United States will be given a melanoma diagnosis and that every hour someone will die from the disease.
- With proper protection from the sun, you can cut your risk for melanoma significantly.
1. NEUTROGENA® Beach Defense™ Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Provides beach strength broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection in a lightweight, fast absorbing formula, ideal for outdoor skin protection of the active family.
2. NEUTROGENA® Ultra Sheer® Body Mist Sunscreen: Stabilized with Helioplex® Technology, providing superior balanced broad-spectrum protection against UVA-aging and UVB-burning rays in an ultra-light, non-greasy finish.
3. NEUTROGENA® Wet Skin Kids Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 45+: Developed with a technology that is designed to cut through water to apply directly to wet skin with minimal whitening or dripping off.
4. NEUTROGNA® Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55: Specially designed to provide superior sun protection without causing breakouts on acne-prone skin.
5. NEUTROGENA® Age Shield™ Face Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 110: Skin conditioners hydrate and replenish skin as the lightweight lotion absorbs quickly for a fresh, non-greasy feel, protecting your face and helping to maintain a youthful appearance every time you wear it.
6. NEUTROGENA® MicroMist® Airbrush Sunless Tan: For those looking to avoid the rays, this one-touch continuous spray works at any angle to tan hard-to-reach places–even your back. It dries fast and won’t clog pores.
Not all broad spectrum sunscreens are created equal, never forget that.
This giveaway will run starting today and end next Monday, May 13.