Wherever you live in the world, summer means summer. The weather perks up, the temperatures rise, and it can mean time for vacations and travel. But when the weather is hotter and you travel to different places for vacations, the heat can take its toll on your body as you will have to adjust to the heat and get used to it. Plus, your skin will have different requirements in the heat and humidity that is summer. Stepping out in the sun is something that will happen daily, though it doesn’t need to be sunbathing each day. You need to be prepared even if it is just going in and out of the house, so we need to make sure that we are making ourselves summer-proof, no matter where we are going. These are some of those handbag essentials that you need this summer.
- Sunscreen is a number one essential for every handbag over the summer. You should make sure that you are applying sunscreen, even on a cloudy day, applying thirty minutes before you plan to leave the house. Some foundations do have a sunscreen in them that works, but having one in your handbag is handy for your arms and legs, as well as to share with others. It can help you to avoid some serious sunscreen.
- A good pair of sunglasses is a must for the summer. They not only help you to look good, but they can be a great way to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, as well as stopping you from squinting. Plus, if you get headaches in the heat, then sunglasses can be a great way to help.
- As well as sunscreen for your skin, sunscreen for your lips is a must as well. You can get them in balms as well as lip gloss. Even better if you can find a vegan lip gloss too. Lips can get dehydrated in the heat and can lead to things like cold sores if your lips get sunburnt, as they definitely can.
- One of the biggest problems that can happen in the humid weather is the oily skin that can come along with it. Wet wipes can be used for all sorts of things, but can be so handy in the summer. You can get rid of sweat, oil, dust, pollution, and anything else that leaves you feeling gross (that after beach dried salt feeling, anyone)? A quick way to rejuvenate yourself.
- It is absolutely essential to make sure that you stay hydrated in the summer, which is why having a reusable water bottle with you is so important. Using plastic bottles is bad for the environment, as they can’t be reused, so getting an insulated water bottle is a good idea as they help to keep your water cool for hours too.
- Hair-ties are going to be your savior if you are out and about in the summer, as you can quickly get your hair out of your face and off your neck. They are colourful, tiny, and very useful.