[maxbutton id=”3″ ]
Are you looking to clear your skin? Or maybe your feet are a little stinky. Got fungus under your artificial nails? There’s one essential oil that is able to handle these ailments and more. Tea tree oil! Learn more about this oil’s powerful benefits and meet Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil.
Tea tree oil is derived from a shrub known as Melaleuca in Austrailia. Native aboriginals used this miraculous essential oil to treat skin conditions long before Arthur Penfold ‘discovered’it in the 1920’s. Tea tree oil has a strong, minty yet camphorous scent, reminiscent of eucalyptus. Tea Tree oil is antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-microbial and easily serves as an antiseptic, fungicide and/or insecticide.
[notification type=”alert-warning” close=”false” ]NOTE: Low-quality tea tree oil smells like melted rubber[/notification]
So how to use tea tree oil? There are literally 1000 ways to use it, but here are 7 ideas:
- Need an all natural acne spot treatment?– Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil and one teaspoon of manuka honey. Apply mixture to affected area. Rinse after 2 hours or leave on overnight.
- Nails affected by fungus from false nails? – if your false nails have left you with the fungus blues, mix 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, 1 tablespoon of apricot oil, and 10 drops of tea tree oil.
- Flaky scalp?– Kill fungus and hydrate the scalp by adding 10 drops of tea tree oil to your favorite carrier oil (olive, jojoba, coconut or almond), apply to hair and scalp, massage well, add a plastic cap and leave it on overnight. Wash and condition the next day. Tada! No flakes.
- Stinky feet?– Fill a basin with warn water and soak feet for 15 minutes. Mix 8 drops of tea tree oil with your favorite carrier oil and massage into the feet. Rinse and dry feet. Repeat as necessary.
- Super dry skin? If you suffer from eczema, give your hydrating body butter a boost by adding 12-15 drops in the container.
- Painful sunburn? Add one part tea tree oil to 10 parts of your favorite carrier oil and spread on the burnt skin. Tea tree oil will sooth, relieve pain, and reduce blister.
- Toenail fungus? Put a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball and apply to the nail.