According to Today.com, we spend 55 minutes per day working on our appearance. Depending on your lifestyle, you probably do not have that much time to spare and let’s face it- we all have a day where we are strapped for time. Here are some tips to make your beauty routine more time efficient.
1. Double duty face products are your best friend– Skip the foaming face wash and use a cream wash that not only cleanses your skin, but adds moisture. Invest in a face cleansing brush to exfoliate while you cleanse. Find a primer that contains a moisturizer and SPF to give the skin added moisture and protect your skin from the sun. Using products that do two or three things at once not only save you money and space on your shelf, but they will also cut your skin care routine down by 5-15 minutes.
2. Use a BB Cream to do 10 things at once– A BB Cream provides moisture, minimizes skin imperfections, provides SPF protection, gives the skin light to medium coverage and much more. Not only will your skin feel lighter, but you will reduce your foundation routine by 10 minutes.
3. Nail polish strips save lives– You need a manicure, but you don’t have time for a base coat, top coat, and 2-3 coats of polish. Nail polish strips come in a wide assortment of colors and designs. Added bonus: they take 5 minutes to apply and you can go on about your day, cutting your manicure routine by 30 minutes!
4. Primer, primer, primer– A primer is a substance that allows makeup to last longer. There’s foundation primer, lip primer and eye primer. Apply primer and watch the need for reapplication diminish, and eliminate your application time completely.
5. Lotion in the shower– NIVEA conducted a study and found that people do on average between two to five things in the shower- wash clothes, clean their pets, sing, brush their teeth and check their phone. Add one more task to your shower routine by trying NIVEA In-Shower Body Lotion. After showering and cleansing, apply NIVEA In-Shower Body Wash and rinse. Get out of the shower, dry off and your are done. No need to apply any other moisturizers!
NIVEA created a Time For You playlist on YouTube that is filled with other time-saving tips and tricks to show you how to be your best and save time. Check it out below: