Disclosure: This sponsored post contains press samples and affiliate links
Last time we spoke, I gave you guys a run down of Tria 4x, why I needed it, who can’t use it and much more. If you missed any of that conversation please feel free to go here to read and catch up. Also, feel free to comment and share.
Now that we’ve been introduced, it is time to actually use Tria! My Tria device came fully charged, if yours did not, now is a good time to charge it.
Before we start treatment, stop waxing, plucking, and skin peels, at least 6 weeks beforehand. So hopefully 6 weeks has passed and Tria is fully charged and you want to unlock the power of hair removal. First we have to activate it. Visit the Tria website or call the customer care number on the back of your instruction manual.
One day before treatment, perform a patch test:
- Prepare your skin and unlock the Tria later 4x
- Place the treatment window against your skin and test one pulse
- If level 1 was tolerable, move on to another area and increase to level 2
- If level 2 was tolerable, move on to another area and increase by one level until you find the highest setting that is tolerable.
- Wait 24 hours. If your skin appears normal, start your first treatment at the highest level that is most comfortable for you.
My highest level that was most comfortable for me was level 3, which probably makes you wonder what the pulses feel like. The pulses are very warm (at level one) and it seems to get hotter as you increase levels. I’ll admit I was taken aback at my very first pulse but it was still very much tolerable.
If you notice blistering, burns, changes in your skin tone or other side effects, do not use the laser. Call customer care or your doctor.
If your skin appears normal then it is time to get started!
- Cleanse the treatment area removing all cosmetics, lotions, oils and creams. They block the laser light.
- Shave the treatment area. This removes surface hair which improves comfort and allows light to better reach the hair.
- Dry the area.
Now it is time to unlock the laser. Press the power button one time and you will hear one tone. In the LCD screen, you will see a picture of Tria with a lock flashing in front of it. To unlock, locate the skin sensor, a red light at the base of Tria. hold the skin sensor against the skin until you hear a series of beeps and the lock button goes away. If by chance it does not unlock, Tria may not be safe for you.
Once unlocked, hold the treatment window to the skin until you hear two beeps. If you hear a buzzing tone, you lifted Tria from the skin before the pulse was over. Try again. It takes some time to get used to, and if you are using the wrong treatment level, it will be very uncomfortable. Lift the laser and place it back on the skin so that it overlaps in the previous spot. Shown below is a handy diagram to give you a good idea of how you should treat an area. This ensures that you cover all the follicles.
Keep treating until you have covered the area you want to treat and turn off the laser by holding the power button down.
TRIA HAIR REMOVAL LASER 4X RETAILS $449. AVAILABILITY BELOW.