When getting married, there is so much that needs to be considered. Not only does this include the venue and the invites but you have the decorations, catering, and so on! That’s without even mentioning your wedding dress and accessories. Of course, this is the most fun part of getting prepared for your wedding day. There is nothing quite like choosing from all of the amazing gowns and dresses that are available. However, to finish off the look, you need to get your makeup right too. In this guide, we are going to take a look at wedding beauty in further detail, informing you of some of the most common mistakes brides make so that you can make sure you do not make them.
Beauty hazards you need to avoid prior to your wedding (in the weeks building up to it)
- Get your first wax months before the wedding – If you do not wax usually, you should not get your first wax just before your wedding. After all, you never know how you are going to react to it. The same applies for any other sort of treatment you may be planning on getting, for example, if you are going to have a peel or a facial. Some people have allergic reactions to things like this, and that is the last thing you want to deal with on your wedding day.
- Avoid salt – This may seem like a little bit of a strange tip, but hear us out! Sodium can hold as much as 50x times its weight when it is in water. Therefore, if you simply reduce your consumption of sodium, it can help you to shed off some pounds if you are aiming to do so before your wedding. Not only this, but salt can make the face look swollen.
- Don’t completely change your look – While it can be tempting to try something new for your wedding day, you are not advised to completely change your look. After all, you want to look the best version of you on your wedding day – you don’t want to look like you are trying to be someone else.
- Don’t decide to try a new beauty regime – Now is not the time to completely change your beauty regime. As mentioned, you can easily have an allergic reaction by trying out a new product, and so it is not worth the risk.
Beauty hazards to avoid on your wedding day
You don’t only need to make sure you follow the correct beauty procedure in the build-up to your wedding, but you also need to make sure that you do things right on your wedding day itself. This includes avoiding all of the following:
- Don’t risk a break out – In the weeks running up to your wedding, you need to be mindful of your skin. Do not do anything that is likely to cause a breakout. This includes staying away from foods that are likely to cause a breakout, such as chocolate.
- Stay away from heat-based styling products – Straightening products and flat irons will break down your hair’s bonds, which makes it difficult to manipulate your hair into the style you want it and, then, to keep it into this style.
- Don’t do your nails too early – One of the biggest mistakes a lot of people make when it comes to their wedding beauty regime is doing their nails too early. After all, you don’t want your nails to get chipped at the last minute. The best thing to do is book an appointment for two days before your wedding. Moreover, you will need to get everyone to do any heavy lifting after that so that you don’t run the risk of damaging your beautiful new nails.
- Don’t get a spray tan the day before your wedding – While it can be very tempting to get a spray tan the day before your wedding, this is not advisable. Make sure you book it at least a few days before your big day, as the last thing you want is for excess tan to come off on your dress.
Now that we have given you some advice regarding the things that you should not do when it comes to your beauty regime on the day of your wedding and before it, let’s take a look at some useful makeup advice too…
- Have a trial – A lot of people assume that a makeup trial is going to be unnecessary; they can simply figure it out on the day of their wedding. However, if you do this, you are only going to make yourself even more stressed. Plus, you are not going to have the time for a bit of trial and error on the morning of your wedding. When it comes to the trial, it is important to give the makeup artist as much information as possible about what you want. Bringing references will help! Your makeup artist won’t think you’re being demanding – they would rather know what direction to go in.
- Use individual false lashes – A lot of people opt for false lashes on their wedding day. Individual false lashes are best because they are more subtle and they look more natural. To create a natural, fluttery look, you should varying lengths.
- Emphasise your eyes – When it comes to makeup, we are told that we should emphasise our eyes or our lips, never both. When it comes to your wedding, you should definitely choose to emphasis your eyes. It is all about choosing the right tone that is going to compliment the colour of your eyes. Another technique that works well is to keep the depth and intensity of the colour closest to your lash line.
Some other important points…
Aside from the points and suggestions that have already been mentioned, one thing you do need to carefully consider when it comes to your wedding is the photography. After all, what you see when you look in the mirror in terms of your makeup is not always going to look the same on the photographs. This is something you can discuss with an experienced wedding photographer like Christophe Viseux Photography. They will be able to advise you on some tips and tricks to ensure that your makeup looks flawless on the photographs, as well as in person. Of course, this is something that your makeup artist should also be aware of.
Finally, it is a good idea to assign one of your bridesmaids the task of ensuring your makeup looks perfect at all times. They should make sure they have all of your suppliers with them so that you can adjust your makeup whenever needed.
Hopefully, you now feel more prepared when it comes to the beauty side of your wedding day. While there is no denying that there is a lot to take in, if you follow all of the advice that has been provided above, you can give yourself the greatest chance of look like the bes you and feeling as amazing as you should on your wedding day.